Monday, February 18, 2008

Portrait Project #1


I've decided that I want to do a portrait as my next project. It would be a classical portrait with the oil painting-like look and feel.

The subject is a British TV personality, James May. Me and Sidney are huge Top Gear fans, and it was just natural for me to pick one of the hosts as the subject of my project.


I have begun drawing out a rough comp, trying to decide on the composition. So this is the very first stage of the project.

The next stage would be to start putting colors down. I think I would do the face first, then depending on how it looks I will decide what sort of clothes to put him in. Right now, I'm thinking 1800s sea captain outfit with standing collars and a bow, but I may change my mind later. It will be some kind of sea captain outfit because of James May's nickname, "Captain Slow".



I will be posting the progress of this project.

No comments: